Thank you for your interest in helping the San Antonio Humane Society (SAHS) raise funds that will support our mission through either a fundraiser or community event. We greatly appreciate your time and generosity in coordinating a fundraiser to benefit our organization. We have put together a program that assists your fundraising efforts.
What is a Third-Party Fundraiser?
A third-party fundraiser is hosted by an unaffiliated group, company, organization, or individual whose proceeds benefit the SAHS. The fundraiser is organized and held by the third-party without any financial support from the SAHS, as well as limited staff involvement.
While we are supportive of such third-party fundraisers, it is important that they be approved by the SAHS in advance and the guidelines outlined in this document are followed.
What is Peer-to-Peer Fundraising?
Peer-to-Peer (P2P) fundraising lets people raise funds on behalf of an organization by creating and using personalized fundraising pages online. Peer-to-peer allows for you to raise money and increase community awareness by garnering your social networks.
Interested P2P fundraisers can create their own campaigns to help support the SAHS mission. Creating your personal fundraising page is a way to raise needed funds for shelter pets while you honor a loved one, remember the passing of a beloved person or pet, celebrate a special occasion, or even dedicate a birthday to help the shelter pets. Start fundraising now at SA Humane Peer-to-Peer Campaigns.
Third-Party & Community Event Guidelines:
- Complete a Third-Party Fundraising Application:
- The third-party should submit a Proposal Form no less than one month prior to the planned fundraiser.
- The SAHS reserves the right to support or decline any proposal. Staff will review the proposal to ensure it aligns with our organization’s goals, values, mission, and objectives.
- We cannot approve fundraisers related to raffles or events that would be held near any SAHS sponsored events/activities.
- Expenses & Revenue:
- All expenses and revenue associated with the fundraiser are the sole responsibility of the third-party.
- The SAHS is not responsible for expenses or revenue associated with the fundraiser, as well as any taxes related to the third-party fundraiser.
- Marketing and Media:
- All promotional materials must state the percentage of proceeds that will benefit the SAHS.
- All promotional materials must state donations are not tax-deductible, unless the donation is made directly and entirely to the SAHS.
- In order to use any SAHS logos or our name, you must seek approval of the promotional material proposed at least one month prior to distribution/use.
- Any press or other media must be coordinated, in advance, with the SAHS Public Relations team.
- The SAHS will provide social media support for the fundraiser if the third-party guarantees a minimum donation of $1,000. This support will be at the sole discretion of the SAHS and is subject to availability in our social media schedule.
- We may, at our sole discretion, provide official marketing materials for you to share with participants of your fundraiser.
- The third-party must state terms of donation that the SAHS can expect (e.g., 100% of proceeds will benefit the SAHS).
- All proceeds collected must be submitted to the SAHS within 30-days of the fundraiser.
- Donations are tax-deductible, only if payment is made directly to the SAHS.
- Receipts can only be provided to donors if their checks are made payable to the SAHS. The check will represent a 100% donation to the SAHS and cannot be split or shared with the third-party.
- Cash donations must be received with a list of donors, their address and amount of donation. If such list is unavailable, the donation will be deemed anonymous.
- Staffing by SAHS Employees or Board Members:
- If the third-party guarantees a minimum donation of at least $1,000 and a platform which to speak, the SAHS will provide a staff member at the fundraiser for a maximum of 2 hours.
- If the third-party will not provide a guaranteed donation amount, staffing will be provided at the sole discretion of the SAHS.
- Next Steps:
- Complete the Event Request Form.
- Once submitted, we will respond within two weeks.
- Meet with a member of the SAHS Development Team to discuss any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your interest in hosting a fundraiser for the benefit of the San Antonio Humane Society!