Adult Volunteer Opportunities
About Our Programs
The SAHS General Volunteer Program offers individuals a variety of volunteer opportunities. Examples include:
Before registering for an orientation, please review the following information to ensure our program is the right fit for you.
Volunteer Opportunities & Time Commitments
Volunteer opportunities are available between 7 am & 7 pm every day except for major holidays. The SAHS offers two types of volunteer opportunities, shifts & service projects.
- Shifts are determined by the supervisor requesting volunteer assistance. Shift start and end times are set and require the volunteer to be available for the entire duration of the shift. Shifts can range anywhere from 1 – 4 hours in length.
- Service projects are more flexible. They don’t have a set start or end time. Volunteers can set their own start and end times within the timeslot set for the day by the volunteer coordinator.
- Volunteers are asked to commit to volunteering at least once a month to remain active.
How to Get Started
- Register for a Volunteer Orientation
– Space is limited so be sure to register early.
– Individuals are required to pay a $15 fee when registering to reserve their seats. This fee helps the SAHS offset the cost of volunteer software, insurance, and supplies. (This is a separate fee from the $15.50 background check fee)
– An account must be created and a ticket must be purchased individually for each person attending orientation.
- Check your inbox for a confirmation email from the Volunteer Team. This email will contain the links you’ll need to:
– Update your volunteer profile in CERVIS
– Submit your background check ($18.95 fee paid to Backgrounds Online)
– You will not be able to attend orientation if your background check is not in process.
– You will not be given your volunteer shirt and badge unless your background check is complete.