Adult Volunteer Opportunities
About Our Programs
The SAHS General Volunteer Program offers individuals a variety of volunteer opportunities. Examples include:
Volunteer Opportunities & Time Commitments
Volunteer opportunities are available between 7 am & 7 pm every day except for major holidays. The SAHS offers two types of volunteer opportunities, shifts & service projects.
- Shifts are determined by the supervisor requesting volunteer assistance. Shift start and end times are set and require the volunteer to be available for the entire duration of the shift. Shifts can range anywhere from 1 – 4 hours in length.
- Service projects are more flexible. They don’t have a set start or end time. Volunteers can set their own start and end times within the timeslot set for the day by the volunteer coordinator.
- Volunteers are asked to commit to volunteering at least once a month to remain active.
How to Get Started
- Complete a Volunteer Application
– Applications are accepted the first two full weeks of each month.
- Check your inbox for a confirmation email from the Volunteer Team. Please allow up to 72 hours to receive the confirmation email.
- Applications are reviewed and applicants are notified of their status by the end of the third full week of the month.