San Antonio Humane Society Volunteer Mission Statement
To aid the SAHS in their mission to improve the lives of dogs and cats by donating time and talents to care for the pets, support staff in their daily activities, and assist in Connecting Friends for Life.
- For individuals planning to volunteer on a regular basis
- For individuals needing to complete no more than 40 hours of service for school, work, church, etc. but do not wish to become general volunteers.
Court-Ordered Community Service
- Must be approved by the Volunteer Coordinator and will have no animal interaction.
- For assisted living centers and schools wishing to provide on-the-job training to teens and young adults with special needs.
Volunteer for a Day
- For groups of 10-15 wishing to volunteer together for work, school, church, etc.
Age Restrictions & Fees
General Volunteer & Vocational Training Programs
- Adult Volunteers - $30
- 18 or older
- Youth Volunteers - $25
- 16-17 years of age
- Junior Volunteer Team - $50
- Junior volunteers (12-15 years of age) must be accompanied by their adult team member at all times
- One volunteer application per team member NOT one application per team
- $20 for one additional Junior Volunteer
- Active Duty Military and their immediate family - $20
Volunteer for a Day Program
- $15 per person
- Groups should consist of at least 5, but no more than 20 people
- Please contact volunteer@SAhumane.org if you are planning to bring anyone under the age of 18.
**Please note, all volunteers 18 years of age or older must complete a background check for $15 paid directly to Verified Volunteer. This fee is not included in the volunteer program fees listed above. **
Watch the video at the top of the page.
- Be sure to pay attention!
- You can also watch the video here.