San Antonio has gone to the dogs
San Antonio has joined Austin and Dallas as a dog friendly place. With the new city ordinance that passed in late 2010, pet owners are able to bring their dogs with them to certain restaurants.
There are specific guidelines that restaurant owners must follow
1. Apply for a permit from the Health Dept.
2. Restaurants must have an outdoor patio accessible from the outside.
3. Signs must be posted telling customers to keep pets on a leash.
4. Dog’s tag must be clearly visible with an up to date rabies vaccination.
5. Hand Sanitizers must be provided on the patio.
These are just some of the guidelines for restaurants.
Dogs in restaurants ordinance
Dog Tips to Remember for an enjoyable visit to your favorite dog friendly restaurant.
1. Remember to keep you dog on a leash with a collar and rabies tag. A microchip is another way to keep your pet safe if he gets loose.
2. Make sure your pet is up to date on his shots.
3. Your dog needs to be social, show no aggression towards other dogs, kids, and people.
4. MANNERS! This is very important - Remind your dog that there is no jumping up on the table and people. Keep the barking to a minimal.
5. Spay or Neuter your pet before he goes out into the public.
If you follow just some of these tips, you are sure to have a wonderful time with your four legged companion.
Visit BringFido.com for a list of dog friendly restaurants in your area. Not yet listed but also dog friendly, The Beverage Bar on 2950 Thousand Oaks Drive.
Before you visit an establishment or place, please contact them and verify that they are still dog-friendly and available, as policies and management change frequently. The information on this page is provided as a courtesy, and does not imply the endorsement, recommendation and/or approval of any company or organization.