Group classes are starting soon. Reserve your spot today!
AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Class (6wk course) - $90 *
“Designed to get puppies and their owners off to a great start.” - AKC
• Ages: Up to 1-year-old
• Current on all vaccines (Rabies, Distemper, Parvo, and Bordatella)
• Crate Training/Potty training
• Address problem behaviors such as, “barking, chewing, puppy nipping” and more!
• Introduction to basic obedience commands such as, “Sit,” “Loose Leash Walking” and “Down”
• If your puppy passes the AKC S.T.A.R. puppy test at the end of the 6 week class they are eligible to receive an AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy medal and packet which includes a frameable certificate, listing on the AKC S.T.A.R Puppy database, an AKC Puppy Handbook, and more! (Additional fee applies)
Basic Obedience – (7wk course) $110 *
“Let us guide you in the right steps in order to establish a solid foundation with your pet in obedience training.”
• Ages: 6+months
• Current on all Vaccinations – Rabies, Parvovirus, Distemper and Bordatella
• No previous training required
• Dogs must be friendly with people and other dogs
• Introduction to all basic obedience commands such as, “Sit,” “Stay,” “Down” and “Come”
• Learn to prevent and address common problem behaviors such as jumping, barking, pulling, chewing and more!
• Polite-leash walking
• Train your dog to focus, touch, and leave-it!
*10% off basic and puppy group classes if your dog is adopted from the San Antonio Humane Society, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your adopted dog to receive the coupon code.
CGC Certification – (7wk course, includes test) $125 - Test Only ($25)
“Responsible Owners, Well-Mannered Dogs. The AKC's Canine Good Citizen program is recognized as the gold standard for dog behavior.” – AKC
• Ages: 1yrs+ (Recommended)
• Current on all Vaccinations - Rabies, Parvovirus, Distemper and Bordetella
• Basic Obedience or compatible skills (Recommended)
Do you and your dog need a little one on one attention?
Consider our private sessions.
One-on-One Basic Obedience - $199 for a 4 week class.
You may bring additional dogs for $25 each. Each dog enrolled must have one human handler. (This class is for students who prefer one-on-one attention or want to learn advanced cues sooner). “Complete one-on-one attention with you, your dog and the trainer. With a flexible schedule. And a custom training-plan according to your dog’s obedience level.”
Behavior Modification – $200 -2 hours, and then $75 each additional hour. Free 30 minutes consultation with trainer (without the dog) is required before signing up for Behavior Modification Training Sessions. (Severe reactivity, aggression, fear or any stress-induced behavior). “Work one on one with our trainer and together you both will create a plan for addressing your dog’s behavior issues using positive reinforcement.”
Basic Class Add-On - $25 per additional hour of training. This add-on is only available if you have enrolled in our group classes or one on one basic obedience class. (This class is for students who desire one-on-one attention in addition to one of our group classes.). “This add-on is great for anyone that is enrolled in our group classes but need a little extra assistance outside of class. You can also use it to add classes to your one on one basic obedience class.”
Seminars and one time classes
- Puppy play time* - $35 (Current on all Vaccinations – Rabies, Parvovirus, Distemper and Bordetella) This class is for puppies 12 weeks to 6 months old. Puppies will be separated into classes based on size and activity level. A one hour session allowing your puppy to socialize and interact with other puppies its age. During this class the trainer will highlight the proper way to play so the puppy grows up with good dog manners he will use the rest of his life.
- Perfect Match! - $45 – A one-hour consultation with our trainer to guide you in the adoption process. Receive expert advice & guidance in order to help you select the most suitable family pet! And ask her any questions regarding your situation, bringing the pet home or upon evaluating any potential candidates..
No refund will be given once payment is received for any training services requested.
Please call (210) 226-7461 or e-mail training@SAhumane.org for questions.