Benefits of Training Your Dog
The benefits of having a trained dog are nearly limitless! From the moment you get your new puppy or dog, here’s a run-down of just some of the advantages and benefits:
Why Should I Train My Dog?
- The benefits of dog training can begin at any age, from boisterous puppies to seasoned seniors, your dog can be capable of learning a wide range of behaviors and commands.
- When you take advantage of dog training, it enables your pet to join you in a broad range of activities such as family outings at the dog park, hiking in the hill country, or participating in dog sports.
- Training has been shown to be one of the most effective tools to keeping a dog in his or her forever home: happy pet, happy family, happy home!
- Puppy socialization has been found to be critical to the psychological health of growing dogs. Puppy training classes provide you and your pet the opportunity to positively socialize your pet by exposing them to a variety of people, environments, and other dogs.
- Training classes provide dog owners the skills and knowledge for dealing with common undesirable dog behaviors such as housetraining and destructive chewing.
- Training provides dogs with the basic good manners we all want such as polite greeting when guests arrive, to walking nicely on the leash, to coming when called.
- Training your dog helps them become a fully participating member of the family.
- Participating in training classes strengthens and enriches the relationship shared by people and their canine companions.