Thanks for your interest in helping the San Antonio Humane Society (SAHS) by raising funds that will support our mission. We greatly appreciate your time and generosity in coordinating a fundraiser to benefit our organization. We have put together a formal program that will assist you in your efforts.
What is a Third-Party Fundraiser?
A third-party fundraiser is hosted by an unaffiliated group, company, organization, or individual whose proceeds benefit the SAHS. The fundraiser is organized and held by the third-party without any financial support from the SAHS, as well as minimal to no staff involvement. While we are supportive of such third-party fundraisers, it is important that they be approved by the SAHS in advance and the guidelines outlined in this document are followed.
- Applying for a Third-Party Fundraiser:
- The third-party should submit a Proposal Form no less than one month prior to the planned fundraiser.
- The SAHS reserves the right to support or decline any proposal. We review the proposal to ensure it aligns with our organization’s goals, values, mission, and objectives.
- We do not approve fundraisers related to raffles or events that would be held in close proximity to SAHS sponsored events/activities.
- Any and all expenses associated with the fundraiser are the sole responsibility of the third-party.
- The SAHS is not responsible for any expenses associated with the fundraiser, to include any related taxes.
- Marketing and Media:
- All promotional materials must state the percentage of proceeds that will benefit the SAHS.
- All promotional materials must state donations are not tax-deductible, unless donation is made directly and entirely to the SAHS.
- In order to use any SAHS logos or our name, you must seek approval of the promotional material proposed at least one month prior to distribution/use.
- Any press or other media must be coordinated, in advance, with the SAHS.
- The SAHS will provide social media support for the fundraiser if the third-party guarantees a minimum donation of $1,000. This support will be at the sole discretion of the SAHS and is subject to availability in our social media schedule.
- We may, at our sole discretion, provide official marketing materials for you to share with participants of your fundraiser.
- The third-party must state terms of donation that the SAHS can expect (e.g., 100% of proceeds will benefit the SAHS).
- All proceeds collected must be submitted to the SAHS within 30-days of the fundraiser.
- Donations are tax-deductible, only if payment is made directly to the SAHS.
- Receipts can only be provided to donors if their checks are made payable to the SAHS. The check will represent a 100% donation to the SAHS and cannot be split or shared with the third-party.
- Cash donations must be received with a list of donors, their address and amount of donation. If such list is unavailable, the donation will be deemed anonymous.
- Staffing by SAHS Employees or Board Members:
- If the third-party guarantees a minimum donation of at least $1,000 and a platform which to speak, the SAHS will provide a staff member at the fundraiser for a maximum of 2 hours.
- If the third-party will not provide a guarantee, staffing will be provided at the sole discretion of the SAHS.
- Next Steps:
- Complete the Third-Party Fundraiser Proposal Form.
- Request the form by emailing our Development Team at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can mail it to us at 4804 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio, TX 78229.
- Once submitted, we will respond in writing within two weeks.
Download instructions here (PDF)!
Third-Party Proposal Form
Thank you for your interest in hosting a fundraiser for the benefit of the San Antonio Humane Society!