Capital Campaign - Project Goals
Project Goals - Capital Campaign
- DOUBLE the number of spay/neuter surgeries performed at the SAHS on Fredericksburg Road to an annual count of 20,000. Sterilization is the single most powerful way to prevent unwanted litters and ultimately decrease the homeless pet population!
- Simultaneously perform surgeries on injured pets without putting spay/neuter surgeries on hold.
- DIVERSIFY and EXPAND the types of cases we are able to receive.
- Isolate the management of contagious, but treatable, diseases.
- Increase space to hold and care for animals awaiting and recovering from treatments or procedures.
- Create new and separate spaces for animals in need of specialty surgery and rehabilitation.
Overall Capital Improvements Benefits
- Construct separate holding bays for pets within each functional location of the building in which they receive service, to include separation for cats and dogs.
- GAIN additional space to receive new pets without disrupting the existing pet population and kennel space.
Education Building Renovation
- INCREASE our community reach due to the allocation of space (once designated for various programs and wellness services) to outreach and humane education opportunities. SAHS educators continue to develop and maintain valuable partnerships with schools, youth groups, organizations, and clubs.