Our educational tours focus on animal care, responsible pet ownership, the goals of the San Antonio Humane Society, and information on how we reach our goals. We currently offer 3 tour options:
• Paid Educational Tours: This tour begins with an educational lesson from the Humane Educator, followed by a tour of the shelter. All participating kids will receive an animal-themed goody bag at the end. Paid tours last approximately 1 hour, depending on the size of the group and the amount of questions asked. The cost is $5 per participating child. This option is great for Girl Scout troops, Boy Scout troops, 4H clubs, or any other kids’ organization wanting to learn about animal shelters!
• Free Educational Tours: This option consists of a tour of the shelter to learn all about the SAHS and our shelter pets without the lesson and goody bags. Free tours last approximately 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of the group and the amount of questions asked. Free Tours are great for any group who wants to see our shelter, but without the additional bells and whistles.
• School Tours: We offer shelter tours beginning with an educational lesson for all San Antonio area schools free of charge.
Guidelines for all tours:
• We can accommodate tours of up to 35 people per group. Tours must consist of at least 5 participants.
• There must be a minimum of 1 adult chaperone per 5 children attending.
• Please feel free to bring cameras and take pictures!
• We offer tours on a first-come, first-served basis, every day of the week. Email or call to book your tour today! Tours must be scheduled in advance with the Humane Educator.
• All participants must submit a signed release form. These forms can be downloaded from the link below and emailed to the Humane Educator at
. They can also be turned in the day of the scheduled tour.
• Paid Educational Tours must be paid 48 hours in advance. Payment can be made using the online payment link below or in person at 4804 Fredericksburg Rd.
Book a tour here!
Click here to be redirected to our payment page.
(Please note: You must schedule your program with the Humane Educator prior to making payment. Payment does not guarantee a spot in any program).
Tour Release Form
For more information, please contact us at (210) 226-7461 Ext. 108 or at
We look forward to your visit!
Last Updated on Monday, 23 December 2013 10:56